Author: William Shawcross
Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation empire ended the 80s with a debt the size of Ecuador's and on the verge of catastrophe. Houdini-like Murdoch survived, buying time, merging Sky with BSB, advancing into the '90s as one of the most powerful media barons the world has ever known. Shawcross tells two stories. The story of the man himself, his origins and personality, of how an Australian with Scottish Presbyterian grandparents became a US citizen owning newspapers and TV stations on 3 continents, a film studio in Hollywood, satellites in space, and selling to the world the 20th-century's most powerful persuaders - information and entertainment. Also he tells the fascinating tale of the information and technology revolution which Murdoch (despite his own technological ineptness) knew how to exploit and which has made him so powerful.
- 50% of the profits from this book will be donated under our Books for Charity programme. For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Lakeside Family Services' Reading Intervention Services. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft x Books for Charity
- ISBN: 9780330329750
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.