Author: Richard B. Steele
College and seminary students rarely have a "voice" in theological discussions. True, there are many books written for them. Introductions to the Bible, surveys of church history, anthologies of theological classics, overviews of Christian doctrine, and dictionaries of the various theological sub-disciplines abound. But it is one thing for professional theologians to answer the questions they think their students ought to be asking, and quite another thing for them to listen and respond to the questions their students are actually asking. This book does the latter. It contains a selection of email correspondence, which the author exchanged with his undergraduate theology students between the years 1997 and 2005 on matters pertaining to Christian faith and ethics. Most of the exchanges were triggered by questions that occurred to the students while they were taking one of the author’s undergraduate courses in theology, ethics, or church history. But the letters themselves are anything but "academic" exercises. They are intensely personal and reveal what is going on in the depths of the student soul. An exciting adventure of the human spirit as well as a stimulating challenge to the critical intellect is waiting for students and professors of theology or those on a lifelong study of Christianity.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781932805680
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.