Can you really tell a criminal by the bumps on his head? What does a memory look like? Can a machine think? Why are some people shy? Is it better not to feel so much?
These are some of the many questions that have troubled the minds of some of the greatest thinkers in human civilization and are discussed in this comprehensive yet accessible introduction to psychology.
The complex workings of the mind have fascinated mankind for centuries, but the key theories of psychology are often so complicated that it is almost impossible for the casual reader to understand. In Why We Do the Things We Do, Joel Levy unlocks the important studies and theories in a series of simple questions and answers that shine new and uncomplicated light on the important aspects of psychology. This book will demystify the key questions by tracking their origins in the writings of some of the most prominent thinkers in various fields, showing how these ideas and concepts have developed over time.
With each section broken down into the key concepts, issues and arguments, considering how these ideas influence the way we all go about our daily lives, Why We Do the Things We Do will illuminate this fascinating subject.
Author: Joel Levy
Number of Pages: 192
Publisher: Michael O'Mara Books Ltd
Publication Date: 01 Sep 2017
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781782437857
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.