Authors: Sara Long Roth, Marcia Nelms
Building a bridge from classroom to clinical practice, this casebook is composed of 34 realistic case studies appropriate for introductory and advanced level courses in nutrition and diet therapy. Each case study uses the medical record as its structure. The student "solves the case" by using the information provided such as hospital admission data, laboratory test results, intake/output records, and the physician's progress notes. The case is followed by a series of questions that focus on pathophysiology; assessment; clinical, nutritional and behavioral outcomes; interventions; and appropriate follow-up for the patient. This "real world" approach helps to prepare the student for the professional setting. Objectives for student learning within each case are built around the nutrition care process and competencies for dietetic education.
- 100% of the profits from this book goes to our partner under our Partners for Change programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$15 are eligible for free shipping.
- Orders from Malaysia are eligible for flat rate shipping of RM29.90 MYR.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Books Beyond Borders x Thryft
- ISBN: 9781133593157
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.