Author: Robin Baker
Everyday the headlines bring news of the latest health scare, with worrying predictions for where developments in science will take us. We want and need to understand the phenomena that influence our lives, but science is often more subtle and more complicated than the headlines would suggest.Over a diverse range of subjects, Robin Baker proves that the science we as consumers believe to be true is often an oversimplification - a convenient way of explaining complex subjects which are little understood. His investigations reach their own, startling conclusions. Could it be possible, for example, that using sunscreen is actually increasing our chance of skin cancer? More and more people are taking Prozac, but does science have an easy answer to explain why? We all know the arguments in favour of conservation, but could there be strong biological arguments against it?'A thought-provoking author who forces you to re-examine widely held beliefs' Desmond Morris.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781447248996
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.