Author: Peter Tertzakian
Solutions for ending America's energy consumption crisis Most of the discussion among experts, policymakers, and concerned citizens is about changing the nature of our energy diet--substituting traditional energy sources with new or improved alternatives--or on getting "more" out of our energy resources through improvements in efficiency. Although these are necessary advances worthy of scientific and entrepreneurial endeavor, and an undeniable part of a successful overall strategy, turning to alternative sources and improving the efficiency of the energy we consume will not solve the problems we are facing. In The End of Energy Obesity, energy expert and bestselling author Peter Tertzakian takes the energy discussion a step further by examining habits, lifestyles, mindsets, and technologies that might seem futuristic now, but will soon become part of the way we live. Throughout the book, Tertzakian identifies the causes and solutions to the world's energy addiction.
He also emphasizes that to have a successful impact on reducing our energy appetite, the changes we make to our lifestyle, habits, and mindset will need to be so appealing that they are widely adopted, much as the automobile or the light bulb was a century ago. Filled with in-depth insights and practical advice, The End of Energy Obesity puts the world's energy problem in perspective and reveals the steps we can take to slow the upward trend of global energy consumption while still growing our economy and improving our standard of living.
Peter Tertzakian (Calgary, AL, Canada) is Chief Energy Economist of ARC Financial Corporation and bestselling author of A Thousand Barrels a Second: The Coming Oil Break Point and the Challenges Facing an Energy Dependent World (978-0-07-149260-7). Constantly analyzing energy trends for investors, Tertzakian writes a weekly journal, is often quoted or seen in the media (including a guest appearance on The Daily Show with John Stewart), and is a sought-after keynote speaker at events around the world.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780470435441
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.