From Cuban communism and Swedish social democracy to the New Left, Michael Newman explains socialism-the social, economic, and philosophical juggernaut of the past century. Taking an international perspective, Newman examines standard socialist conventions and evolution from 19th-century industrial towns, while also defining modern socialism. He includes recent conceptualizations such as the feminist and Green movements, and uses this plethora of information to forecast socialism's trajectory into the future.
Author: Michael Newman
Number of Pages: 208
Publisher: Sterling Publishing Company Incorporated
Publication Date: 07 Sep 2010
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781402775376
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.