Author: James D. Sidaway
Comprehensively revised, the fourth edition of this widely used text provides a global overview of the major topics within human geography, including resources, population, food security, the economy and development, geopolitics and territory, culture, society, cities, the environment and environmentalism, inequality, agriculture and rurality, the politics of place and globalisation, and global governance. Coherent and substantial chapters ensure balanced treatment across the range of contemporary human geography. Focusing on key geographical challenges facing the world in the early twenty-first century, stimulating coverage examines the diverse forces that shape economies and societies. Themes, issues and links are highlighted and emphasised to present a holistic view of what the editors describe as our '... interconnected, contradictory, complex, conflict-ridden and fantastically diverse planet.' All chapters are written by specialists in the field and offer original, critical and engaging perspectives.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780273740704
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.