Author: Verena Tay
Balik Kampung 2A: People and Places presents eleven new tales by authors who have lived in the respective neighbourhoods for at least ten years. What was it like to grow up in a particular district of Singapore during a specific decade? How can you go for a peaceful walk around your home if the area is being constantly remodelled by demolition and construction? How do present perceptions of space contrast with memory? Such questions fill the various stories that are inhabited with vivid characters and strong portrayals of different locales. If you wish to discover new perspectives about parts of Singapore that you may or may not have previously been aware of, then read this book.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9789810776558
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.