Synopsis: An exceptional panoramic history of these highly collectible toys from their origins in the simple wooden yard toys that children have played with for centuries, through mass production, to the present day. Filled with army ambulances to post vans, fire engines to ice-cream carts, plus an incredible number of rare and unusual collectors items. Illustrated with superb photographs from Christie's archives in Britain and the US. Essential for collectors, and a nostalgic journey for anyone wanting to reminisce about their childhood. Includes a value guide. "About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781862050846
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.