Author: K. K. Chitkara
The book approaches the subject of planning with a new perspective. It focuses on time planning, resources planning and planning of control systems. Alive with numerous examples from projects handled by the author, this book describes how to plan construction projects and execute them efficiently with minimum variation in schedules. The book is divided into four parts: Introduction: It covers nature of construction industry, highlights salient features of construction project management and outlines the approach for planning construction projects;Time Planning: It describes the methodology for breaking down project work into activities, developing workpackage networks, integrating these networks into project network plan and scheduling the network plan for finalising calendar-time oriented construction programs; Resources Planning: It includes methodology for planning manpower, construction materials, plant and machinery, and costs. Planning Control System: It deals with organising control system; methodology for controlling resources productivity, costs and time; codifying planning system and computerising planning and control functions.
- 50% of the profits from this book will be donated under our Books for Charity programme. For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Lakeside Family Services' Reading Intervention Services. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft x Books for Charity
- ISBN: 9780074620625
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.