THE ESSENTIAL INTRODUCTION TO CHOMSKY'S POLITICAL IDEAS With exceptional
clarity and power of argument, Noam Chomsky lays bare as no one else can
the realities of contemporary geopolitics. Divided into four sections,
originally published in the US only as individual short books, collectively
selling over half a million copies, How the World Works covers: WHAT UNCLE
SAM REALLY WANTS: the main goals of US foreign policy; the devastation
caused abroad; the brainwashing at home. THE PROSPEROUS FEW AND THE
RESTLESS MANY: The Prosperous Few and the Restless Many: the new global
economy; food and Third World 'economic miracles'; the roots of racism.
SECRETS, LIES AND DEMOCRACY: the US, the CIA, religious fundamentalism;
global inequality; the coming eco-catastrophe. THE COMMON GOOD: equality,
freedom, the media; the myth of Third World debt; manufacturing dissent.
This is the perfect way in to the political thought and ideas of the
world's most important and frequently-cited authority in the field.
Author: Noam Chomsky
Number of Pages: 336
Publication Date: 14 Oct 2011
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780241145395
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.