Authors: Tom Geismar, Sagi Haviv, Ivan Chermayeff
The NBC peacock. Chase Bank's blue octagon. Mobil Oil's arresting red O. PBS's poetic silhouettes of "Everyman." Chermayeff & Geismar's visual identities are instantly recognizable by countless millions around the world (one identity--the official logo for the U.S. Bicentennial--even sits on Mars) and set the standard for what a successful trademark is. In Identify, celebrated designers Tom Geismar and Ivan Chermayeff, and partner, rising star Sagi Haviv (called a "logo prodigy" by The New Yorker) open up their studio for the first time in the firm's 55-year history and reveal the creative process that lead to the firm's iconic visual identities, from the oldest (Chase Bank and Mobil Oil in the 1960s) to the more recent (Armani Exchange and the Library of Congress in the 2000s). The team demonstrates how their approach to design has remained unaltered by cultural and technological change and is in fact more successful than ever in today's online and digital applications, due to the powerful simplicity that is the hallmark of the firm's work. A showcase of some of the world's most famous and enduring trademarks, an account of how they came to be, and an unprecented insider's peek into a legendary branding and graphic design firm. Identify: Basic Principles of Identity Design in the Iconic Trademarks of Chermayeff & Geismar unveils the thinking and the process behind identity design that works.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781440310324
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.