Author: Nicholas Dunbar
LTCM (Long-Term Capital Management) - a portmfolio of bonds worth $100 billion - owned 5% of the global interest rate swap market plus other derivatives, it had a notional value of $1 trillion. The people involved in the LTCM were the "dream team": Robert Merton and Myron Scholes (both Nobel Prize winners for their work on option pricing), John Meriwether (the former vice-chairman of Salomon Brothers and one-time Wall Street star of bond trading), and David Mullins (ex-Harvard Business School Professor and previously vice-chairman of the Federal Reserve). Even with all this financial expertise, in September 1998, LTCM collapsed, making financial headline news across the world and requiring 14 investment banks to provide $3.6 billion in cash to stop the fund going under and dragging each of them down as well.
- 50% of the profits from this book will be donated under our Books for Charity programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$15 are eligible for free shipping.
- Orders from Malaysia are eligible for flat rate shipping of RM29.90 MYR.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft x Books for Charity
- ISBN: 9780471899990
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.