Author: Gunilla Norris
'People often contact me because they have lost some kind of meaning thread in their lives. Without a sense of meaning our lives lose their lustre. We endure our days rather than embrace the living of them. To enter the realm of meaning requires attention and dedication. It requires an interior, reflective life. It requires the calming of our usual chattering minds.' In the noise and rush of life today we often yearn to find the natural stillness which is our birthright. This thoughtful and poetic guide explains the universal principles of meditation practice and mindful living. It is divided into four sections: --Beginning Silence which reflects on the understanding that longing and discontent is a wake-up call, an invitation to begin. --Growing Silence which dwells on yearning itself as a path, with acceptance of the ambivalence which accompanies any deep change. --Practising Silence which describes the practise of meditation. --Sharing Silence encourages the idea of formal practice with others to deepen and sustain the experience of cultivating a peaceful heart.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781844135752
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.