Author: Elisabeth Carlsson
Discover lagom—the Swedish idea of balance, harmony, beauty, and sufficency. Our love affair with all things Scandinavian shows no signs of letting up. Having embraced the Danish concept of hygge, we’re now looking to Sweden and one of their essential philosophies, lagom. It’s best described as “not too much, not too little; just the right amount,” which, in practice, is balance—and isn’t that what we’re all looking for? In this delightful little pocket book, Elisabeth Carlsson, a Swede who has been living in the UK for many years, lets us in on the secrets of the enviable Swedish lifestyle and shows us how we can all be a little more lagom. She explains what lagom means to the Swedish and then explores how it can relate to all areas of our life: from our separation of work and home through managing our time, to how we eat, never depriving ourselves but not overindulging and avoiding waste; from discovering what makes a home more lagom in style and function, to how we sustainably take care of that home; from appreciating and looking after our body with moderate exercise and care, to our approach to life as a whole, and realising that what’s good for the world can also be good for us, too. Filled with advice and ideas, this thoughtful guide provides the key to a lagom way of living—healthy, harmonious, and happy.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781782495383
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.