Author: Mark Hix
Baking often conjures up images of scones and sponges, afternoon tea and fancy patisserie, but these sweet treats (delightful as they are) are only part of the story. In this exciting new book, Mark Hix applies his characteristic flair to a range of sweet and savoury recipes that reflects his own unique interpretation of baking. Here the term covers pretty much anything that can be cooked in the dry heat of an oven - whether that be a simple everyday luxury like a vegetable gratin or a sophisticated tarte aux pommes. Split into chapters covering snacks, bread, meat and fish, vegetables, savoury and sweet tarts and puddings and cakes, Mark's selection of recipes is based on dishes that he has been cooking for years or that he has eaten on his travels around the globe. Also included are a number of fascinating features on the various different ovens used for baking - from brick wood-fired ovens and tandoors to Agas and modern fan-assisted ovens. With its delightful collection of unusual, delicious and easy-to-follow recipes, straightforward cooking techniques, and sumptuous photography, Mark Hix on Baking is sure to become the must-have baking book for years to come.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781849491242
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.