Author: John Newman
For millions of Americans, diving offers the chance to get away from everyday life and enter a world of stunning natural beauty and fascinating complexity. And getting started is a breeze! Anyone can learn to dive safely and explore the world’s wondrous oceans – all it takes is a little training and basic equipment. Scuba Diving & Snorkeling For Dummies presents all the fundamentals for anyone interested in getting dive certified or just looking for good snorkeling while on vacation. Written by PADI-Certified diver John Newman, this friendly guide covers everything you need to know to: Get certified Plan a great diving trip Save money on equipment Dive or snorkel safely This user-friendly guide starts by helping you evaluate your underwater skills and walking you step by step through a typical certification program. Once you're certified, it helps you pick a dive site, purchase and set up your equipment, and take care of any fears you might have. Then you'll discover what to expect on your first dive – from which creatures are dangerous to how to protect fragile sea life. Scuba Diving & Snorkeling For Dummies also covers these topics and more: Free diving Special breathing techniques Emergency procedures How to avoid the bends Handling dive anxiety The physics and chemistry of diving Staying healthy on dive trips Ocean ecosystems Rip tides and tidal waves Ten great dive destinations In addition to beautiful full-color photography and all the information you need to plan a dive trip, the book also includes a handy appendix of dive organizations and publications, as well as a CD-ROM sampler from PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors). Whether you're a novice diver or an old hand, Scuba Diving & Snorkeling For Dummies is perfect for anyone who wants to see the beauty of the ocean from a fish's point of view. Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780764551512
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.