Authors: Sonja Commentz, Robert Klanten, Sven Ehmann, Matthias Hübner
Today, the most progressive designers are working at the intersection of various creative disciplines. They are challenging existing design principles and defining them anew. Many designers from different areas are choosing to no longer work exclusively in two dimensions and are instead dealing intensively with space, material and physical products. The book Hidden Track investigated this development in 2005 and portrayed it in its breadth for the first time. Now, Tactile shows how graphic design is moving into three-dimensional objects and products and presents graphic design that works with space or the perception of space. The book focuses less on murals than on products, objects, installations and collage that demonstrate how designers are developing and implementing their ideas spatially from the very outset of a given project. Tactile proves that spatial innovation in graphic design is not limited to personal work or artistic endeavours for exhibition, but is being sought out more and more often by commercial clients, for example in store design. With its insight into this experimental field of graphic design, Tactile targets young, progressive designers as well as professionals from the fields of advertising, architecture and interior design. Because its topical content is compiled in a way that highlights the interesting multi-disciplinary interactions between the various works, Tactile also offers inspiration for creatives in fashion, lifestyle and art.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9783899552003
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.