Synopsis: In 'What on Earth Happened?', Christopher Lloyd tells our story from the very beginning of time to the present day, taking giant narrative leaps across millennia and continents. Along the way, he explains how the Earth's collision with another young planet caused the moon, and how the big bang can be detected in your television. About the Author&colon Christopher Lloyd graduated from Peterhouse, Cambridge, in 1991 with two scholarships and a double first-class degree in History. He then became a graduate trainee journalist on The Sunday Times newspaper and was trained at the City University where he gained a diploma in newspaper journalism. In 1993, Lloyd was appointed The Sunday Times Innovation Editor and won the 1994 Texaco award for Science Journalist of the Year. In 1997 Lloyd co-founded LineOne, a joint venture Internet Service business owned by BT and News International and later became a director of News Internationals' Internet activities. He qualified in direct marketing with a Cert DM from the Institute of Direct Marketing. In January 2001 Lloyd was recruited to become chief executive of Immersive Education, an education software publishing company based in Oxford. In 2006 he left Immersive Education to spend time travelling across Europe with his wife and two children, both of whom were home-educated. The time spent on the road travelling around Europe inspired him to come up with the concept for What on Earth Happened? "About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781408834831
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.